The Properties Pane displays all of the properties of the currently selected object in the Workspace. These properties vary greatly depending on the object that has been selected.
These attributes are common to all elements in the template and will always appear.
These attributes are available depending on the item selected (in parenthesis).
- Whitespace element : Check to make the element a whitespace element, meaning it will only appear on the page if there is enough space for it. This is useful for templates with variable height elements or conditional elements, to fill empty spaces with transpromotional material. Note that only top-level elements (a paragraph not inside a table or a div) will function at whitespace elements.
- Source (image): The location
of the image file. For image resources in the template, the image
path is often images/<imagefile>.<extension>
When the source is a PDF, an addition button appears next to this box that opens the PDF Page dialog.
- Alternate text (image): The "Alt" text used when hovering over the image in a browser. Also used for accessibility.
- Height (image): The specified height of the image. Defaults to the original image height in pixels.
- Width (image): The specified width of the image. Defaults to the original image width in pixels.
- Cell Spacing (table only): Defines the cellspacing attribute of the table which controls the spacing between cells in the table.
- Cell Padding (table only): Defines the cellpadding attribute of the table which controls the padding inside each cell of the table.
- Column Resizing (table only): Check to enable columns to be resized directly within the Workspace.
- Detail Table (table only): Defines which detail table the repeat of the table is based on. The number of detail lines in the table is the number of the time the repeating row (see below) is repeated.
- Title (table only): Defines the title of the table. This has no impact on the table's displays, only on accessibility of HTML pages and screen readers.
- Repeat (table row not in <tfoot> or <thead> only): Defines if the row is affected by the detail table calculation. This row is the one repeated in a Dynamic Table.
- Show Row (table row only): Use the drop-down to determine when the selected row appears when a dynamic table overflows. This option is only available in a row manually added inside of a Dynamic Table.
- Before page break: The row will appear on all pages except the last one.
- At end of table: The row will appear only on the last page.
- Always: The row will appear on every page of the table.
- Subtotal Line (table row inside a <tfoot> only): Defines the footer row as the place where the SubTotal is displayed. This is the row where a subtotal script is expected to display the result.
These attributes are available for certain elements that have position or size attributes such as images and boxes.
- X-Offset: The horizontal distance from the top-left of the object to the left position of its parent. This is used only for relative and absolute positioned elements.
- Y-Offset: The vertical distance from the top-left of the object to the top position of its parent.
- Width: The width of the element, by default in pixels.
- Height: The height of the element, by default in pixels.
These attributes appear when selecting the Page node in the Outline Pane.
- Master Page: Which of the Master Pages to use for the template.